Rules: Service via Video Project
Ready to enter? Here's what to do:
- The first rule is to follow all the rules. If any of the rules are ignored, your video cannot be one of the finalists, though it might still be added to the NextVista.org library.
- No content in the video should be inappropriate for students as young as 6 years old.
- The video can be no longer than the time limit (for this contest, 3 minutes). You may use up to another 60 seconds for credits.
- Follow the VERY specific rules related to the use of copyrighted content. Any image or music used in the video must be copyright friendly, and taken from specified Web sites.
- All media used must be properly cited in credits at the end. We provide specific instructions for each type of media and a format for citations.
- Because these videos will be posted in the online library at NextVista.org, you will need release forms for anyone identifiable** appearing in the video. In the submission, you will assure us that you have these forms. You may use release forms we make available if your club or school does not already have something similar related to content posted online.
- The finished video should be less than 60MB in size, and can be in any of the following formats: .avi, .m4v, .mov, .mp4, or .wmv. If you don't know how to check the size or file format, ask someone to help you. You might also want to take a look at a video about how to find file size in Windows.
- The filename must allow one to easily identify the video and match the name entered on the submission form.
- One may enter as many videos as one wishes, but each one will require a separate entry form.
- Videos eligible for the finalist round will be scored using these scoring guidelines.
** = "Identifiable" for project purposes means that one has appeared on camera for longer than 1-2 seconds and either has spoken or has been addressed. Videos for this project can be made without having people identifiable.